Thursday, September 30, 2010

daily text 9/30

FYI- sorry for the post interuption...I was out of town visiting my sister (who recently moved to Colorado) and had scheduled the daily text to post automatically while I was gone...but I missed the past two days. (which I will backdate)

Thursday, September 30th, 2010
"Be wise, my son, and make my heart rejoice, that I may make a reply to him that is taunting me" (Proverbs 27:11)

What a privilege we have in making God's heart rejoice! Is it not well worth our every effort to keep our integrity? Integrity enables us to take our stand for Jehovah's sovereignty. It is thus the basis on which God can judge us. Job well understood this truth. (Job 31:6) Job knew that God weighs all mankind in "accurate scales," using His perfect standard of justice to gauge our integrity. David similarly said: "Jehovah himself will pass sentence on the peoples. Judge me, O Jehovah, according to my righteousness and according to my integrity in me . . . And God as righteous is testing out heart and kidneys." (Psalm 7:8, 9) We know that God can look into the very depths of the inner person, the figurative "heart and kidneys." We need to remember, though, what he is looking for. As David said, Jehovah judges us according to our integrity.
(Watchtower issue: 12/15/08, 1:12, 13)