Tuesday, August 17, 2010

daily text 8/17

FYI - I backdated my post since it took me awhile to find the article I mentioned that tied in with yesterday's text about helping inactive ones...but the info in it is really good to keep on hand for future reference

Tuesday, August 17th, 2010
"As long as we have time favorable for it, let us work what is good toward all, but especially toward those related to us in the faith" (Galatians 6:10)

Many have found joy in helping to provide relief to those who have suffered loss through man-made or natural disasters. For instance, one sister in her 60's who serves at Bethel traveled long distances on several occasions to volunteer as a relief worker. Why did she use her vacation time is that way? She says: "Although I have no special skills, it was a privilege to do whatever was needed. I gained so much encouragement seeing the strong faith of my brothers and sisters who had suffered severe material losses." Furthermore, thousands worldwide help to construct Kingdom Halls and Assembly Halls. By having a share in such activities, we unselfishly "work what is good toward . . . those related to us in the faith."
(Watchtower issue: 10/15/08, 5:16)