Wednesday, January 20, 2010

daily text 1/20

Wednesday, January 20th, 2010
"We have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not that out of ourselves." (2 Corinthians 4:7)

Jehovah can sustain us “upon a divan of illness,” as he did David. (Psalm 41:3) Although Jehovah is not in our time providing escape in the sense of miraculous healing, he does help us. How? The principles found in his Word may aid us in making wise decisions about treatment and other matters. (Proverbs 2:6) We may glean helpful information and practical suggestions from articles published in The Watchtower and Awake! that discuss our particular health problem. By means of his spirit, Jehovah may grant us “the power beyond what is normal” to cope with our situation and to maintain our integrity, regardless of what may happen. With such help, we can avoid becoming so overwhelmed by our illness that we lose our spiritual focus.
(Watchtower issue: 09/15/08, 2:15)

"Power beyond normal" is right. Personally, (in regards to my own health issues) I can't believe I haven't gone into my winter-hibernation sleep mode, despite the fact that December and January are always my worst months, on top of the fact that I haven't been able to get ANY of the medications for my sleep disorder for the past 2 months because of my dumb health insurance company and their "rules"... I should seriously be in a coma right now! lol.