Saturday, January 16, 2010

daily text 1/16

Saturday, January 16th, 2010
"The Rock, perfect is his activity." (Deuteronomy 32:4)


God has put the Kingdom in the hands of Jesus Christ, the one best qualified to rule the earth. Jehovah has also purposed that 144,000 anointed Christians be taken from the earth and raised to heavenly life as Christ’s joint heirs associated with him in administering earth’s affairs. (Revelation 14:1-5) What a great contrast there will be between the rule of Jesus and the 144,000 and that of imperfect humans! The Scriptures counsel us not to put our trust in man, “to whom no salvation belongs”! (Psalm 146:3) But what a fine spirit will mark Christ’s rule! “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down,” said Jesus, “and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”—Matthew 11:28-30.
(Watchtower issue: 05/15/08, 3:14, 15)

*There's such a complete contrast between those of the anointed class who have proven themselves capable and worthy of ruling, -vs- so many of the world leaders over the centuries and in modern times, who have proven themselves to be entirely dishonest and corrupt.
Aside from members of the anointed, (such as the apostles), every person I've ever known or read about who was of the anointed in modern times, is *exactly* the type of trustworthy person who would be well-suited for administering human affairs properly and judicially. Just look how far they've been willing to go to help others, (putting their own needs aside), by remaining steadfast and loyal to Jehovah and their brothers even in the face of death. And even those who haven't had to face 'extreme persecution' like that, have demonstrated a pattern of life which closely mirrors the example Jesus set.

The anointed sister who studied the Bible with me growing up, is probably the only person who has never let me down and has always been there for me throughout my entire life,...even at times when my own family members or friends weren't. I've always looked up to her as a rolemodel to imitate because she has such an inner strength of character, while being so humble and meek at the same time. She has devoted her whole life to helping others and the ministry, and has such a remarkable way of being impartial and understanding of everyone she meets.