Sunday, October 11, 2009

What's Wrong With This Picture?

I was biting my tongue. I wasn't gonna say this. But I'm about to burst if I don't.

Wait, I need to make a 'pre-statement' disclaimer first...
*The following statement in no way reflects any ill-will or disrespect towards President Obama as a person, or his efforts as our Commander-in-chief*

But does it not strike you as odd, that the Nobel Peace Prize should be awarded to someone who is not only in the midst of a war as we speak, but has also recently made the statement, "The United States of America will continue to have the strongest armed forces in the world"???

Call me crazy, but I'm not sure that the Nobel Prize judges actually know the meaning of the word 'PEACE'. And on the flip side, there's not even *the slightest recognition* of thanks or appreciation for the efforts our organization has made, -promoting peaceful international relations and actually LIVING IT, (not just promising it) for almost the entire 20th century, while the rest of the world has been actively engaged in armed conflicts during that same period of time.
And, not to mention the fact that there has been no justice served for so many Jehovah's Witnesses who've endured years of imprisonment and persecution in their efforts to promote peace by refusing to engage in war...even at the cost of their own lives.
'Snubbed' would be the understatement of the century.

But boy, if that doesn't wake people up to see just how 'rigged' this world's politics truly are, I don't know what will. So this is what people continue to reject God's Kingdom for, in order to serve and protect? A system founded on lies, injustice and hypocrisy? Why?!?