Monday, September 14, 2009

daily text 09/14

Monday, September 14th, 2009
"Let your light shine before men." (Matthew 5:16)


When opposition turned violent, did Jesus’ followers waver in their determination to preach the good news? Not at all. (Acts 5:28, 29, 40-42) Most servants of God today have not had to endure beatings or imprisonment because of their preaching activities. However, all true Christians face tests and trials of some kind. Your Bible-trained conscience might, for example, impel you to adopt an unpopular course of conduct or one that makes you stand out as different. Colleagues, schoolmates, or neighbors might think you are odd because you base your decisions on Bible principles. Nevertheless, their negative response should not deter you. The world lies in spiritual darkness, but Christians must “[shine] as illuminators.” (Philippians 2:15) Perhaps some sincere observers will see and appreciate your fine works and give glory to Jehovah as a result.
(Watchtower issue: 01/15/08, 1:9, 10)

*PS -sorry for no extra post yesterday...I was having technical/software compatibility issues with my new laptop,... plus, for the record, I should never be allowed to look through old family photo albums 'unchaperoned' anymore! I'm seriously ridiculous and outta control! I already skimmed down a ton, but I'm still gonna need to divide my posts into 2 entries today because there's too many photos. I think I need to go to a 'photography-obsession anonymous' support group. hehe (but so does the rest of my family, since they're the ones who've taken such an enormous amount of pictures over the years!) lol