Sunday, September 13, 2009

daily text 09/13

Sunday, September 13th, 2009
"Solid food belongs to mature people." (Hebrews 5:14)


Effective teachers convey information simply, clearly, and accurately. If we follow this guideline, we will not make the truth more complicated than it needs to be. Avoid unnecessary details. There is no need to comment on every aspect of a scripture that we read. Simply focus on what is essential to clarifying the point under consideration. The student will come to appreciate deeper Scriptural truths as he progresses in his understanding. How much material should be covered in one study session? For this, discernment is needed. The abilities and circumstances of both student and teacher will vary, but we should always bear in mind that our objective as teachers is to help our student build solid faith. So we allow him sufficient time to read, grasp, and accept the truths presented in God’s Word. Once our student has grasped a point, we move on to the next.—Colossians 2:6, 7
(Watchtower issue: 01/15/08, 2:9, 10)

*I don't know about you all, but this is an area I have to keep reminding myself to work on, since simplicity is not my forte! But I'm getting better (I think) ... except yesterday I 'overcomplicated' things by getting more indepth with research than was necessary, and looking through photos, that by the time I figured out what I wanted to post, it was too late! That used to happen to me in school with art & history projects too. lol =)