Monday, July 13, 2009

Just Ask

*before I post today's yearbook experience I wanted to mention a cool little thing that happened the other day.

I finally uploaded my photos from the trip I took to Costa Rica a few years ago, and wanted to make a slideshow of the Bethel Branch and Assembly Hall that we visited, and put it on Youtube or email it, so that I could share it with the friends I met down there. Well I realized I misplaced my contact info and didn't know how I was gonna get ahold of them. -So I prayed about it, and totally out of the blue, I got an email on Saturday from the brother who we stayed with while we were there, which included the updated contact info I needed! I haven't spoken with him in years and he's never emailed me prior to this! That just goes to show why you shouldn't forget to make even small concerns a matter of prayer.
The speaker who gave the talk on Sunday made a good point regarding prayer by saying we don't want to be like the 'stereotypical man' who just won't ask for directions even though he's lost and he knows it. What a waste of time and effort to drive around and around when all he has to do is ASK.

Here's a few good verses that demonstrate we need to make the effort in this regard:

(Psalms 34:4, 6) "I inquired of Jehovah, and he answered me, And out of all my frights he delivered me." ... "This afflicted one called, and Jehovah himself heard. And out of all his distresses He saved him."
(later half of James 4:2) "YOU do not have because of YOUR not asking."