Friday, July 17, 2009

daily text 07/17

Friday, July 17th, 2009
"I shall seek to annihilate all the nations that are coming against Jerusalem." (Zechariah 12:9)


Why does Jehovah “seek to annihilate all the nations”? Because they persistently oppose the Messianic Kingdom. For harassing and persecuting God’s people, they stand condemned. Soon Satan’s earthly agents will undertake a final attack on God’s true worshippers, which will lead to the world situation described in the Bible as Har–Magedon. (Revelation 16:13-16) Responding to that assault, the Supreme Judge will defend his servants and sanctify his name among the nations. (Ezekiel 38:14-18, 22, 23) Satan has no weapon that can weaken the faith or quench the zeal of God’s people worldwide. Our spiritual peace, which results from Jehovah’s saving power, is “the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah.” (Isaiah 54:17) No one can forcibly deprive us of our peace and spiritual prosperity.—Psalm 118:6.
(Watchtower issue: 12/15/07, 3:15, 16)

*Isaiah 54:17 is such a fortifying scripture, that I wanted to post the whole verse:
"Any weapon whatever that will be formed against you will have no success, and any tongue at all that will rise up against you in the judgment you will condemn. This is the hereditary possession of the servants of Jehovah, and their righteousness is from me,” is the utterance of Jehovah."

and the following verses at Psalms 118:6-11
"Jehovah is on my side; I shall not fear.
What can earthling man do to me?
Jehovah is on my side among those helping me,
So that I myself shall look upon those hating me.
It is better to take refuge in Jehovah
Than to trust in earthling man.
It is better to take refuge in Jehovah
Than to trust in nobles.
All the nations themselves surrounded me.
It was in the name of Jehovah that I kept holding them off.
They surrounded me, yes, they had me surrounded.
It was in the name of Jehovah that I kept holding them off."