Wednesday, June 17, 2009

daily text 06/17

Wednesday, June 17th, 2009
"Your own ears will hear a word behind you saying: "This is the way. Walk in it, you people." (Isaiah 30:21)

Jehovah is our Grand Instructor. (Isaiah 30:20) Through the visible part of his organization, he provides his servants on earth with guidance as to how they should fulfill their preaching commission. In this regard, every congregation holds a weekly Theocratic Ministry School, which is designed to help all those enrolled become effective proclaimers of God's Kingdom. The main textbook is the Bible. Jehovah's inspired Word tells us what to teach. Moreover, it indicates what teaching methods are effective and appropriate. The Theocratic Ministry School regularly reminds us that we will become more skilled as teachers if we base our teaching on God's Word, use questions effectively, teach with simplicity, and show a sincere interest in others.
(Watchtower issue: 01/15/08, 2:4)

*Speaking of the Theocratic Ministry School - here's the link to a blog I made with the weekly schedule which I forgot to post earlier.

Theocratic Study Schedule

I found some old notes I took during a pioneer instruction talk a long time ago, and one of the points mentioned was: "Those who talk the most, teach the least" ...do you realize what that means??? I've probably never taught anybody anything in my whole life because I talk too much! I seriously need to work on that, and remember what my sister always says to me whenever I get on a roll: "25 words or less Kim!" lol