Thursday, June 11, 2009

daily text 06/11

Thursday, June 11th, 2009
"The blessing of Jehovah-that is what makes rich, and he adds no pain with it." (Proverbs 10:22)

Can you pursue God's purpose by choosing the full-time ministry as your career? If so, you are sure to receive many blessings. If your present circumstances do not permit it, perhaps an adjustment can be made. Pray as did Nehemiah when he longed to take up an important assignment: "Ah Jehovah, please, . . . do grant success to your servant." (Nehemiah 1:11) Then, trusting in the "Hearer of prayer," follow up your request with action. (Psalms 65:2) For Jehovah to bless your efforts to serve him more fully, you first have to make those efforts. Once you have decided to take up the full-time ministry, stick with your decision. As time passes, your experience will grow, and your joy will increase. How grateful we will be that we have served God and others and have fully pursued God's purpose in our life! -Matthew 24:21; Revelation 7: 14, 15.
(Watchtower issue: 10/01/07, 2:14, 15, 17)

*today's text is a great motivation. I can personally attest to how true those words really are (about how Jehovah can make it happen even when you think you can't), because I was reflecting on what spiritual goals I was able to accomplish between last year's convention and this year...and I remember I wanted to auxilary pioneer so much, but I thought there was no way I could make that kind of commitment since my health issues are so unpredictable. But 3 things (along with lots of prayer, of course) changed my mind. I read chpt 8 in the new "Young People Ask" (vol 2) book that was released at last year's convention -about the personal experiences of kids who were younger than me with more severe health problems than me. Yet despite their health limitations, some of them were able to pioneer fulltime or auxilary pioneer. Then I read the example of Antonio from the 2008 Yearbook (whose experience I'm gonna post later today) I just about cried when I saw the photo of him and read his story. And the third & final 'nail in the coffin' which convinced me, was after our circuit overseer visit last summer, when Br. Tomyasu (whose name I finally know how to spell correctly now! lol) gave an illustration about the "large door that leads to activity" which we have open to us right now in the field ministry. (1 Corinthians 16:9) But how we need to remember that anytime someone holds a door open for us, they will only continue to do so if they see us actually making our way towards the door... they aren't just going to stand around all day holding it open if they don't see us making any effort to walk through it. And in that same way, God continues to hold "the door that leads to activity" open for us (even if we are slow due to health limitations or other circumstances) and he will help strengthen and motivate us in that direction. But he also isn't going to continue to hold the door open forever if he sees that we are distracted and aren't even trying to walk towards it. So if we don't want to miss out on that opportunity which he has graciously extended to us, then we need to put forth our best effort and head in that direction now, before the door closes.
That talk really motivated me ... so anyway, despite the doubts I had, Jehovah was able to help me auxilary pioneer not just once, but 3 times since last summer -once I finally made the decision to do it and prayed for his help to be able to. This coming service year I'm really going to try and make the effort to be "completely spent" (2 Corinthians 12:15) when it comes to the ministry!

*With that in mind, I'm gonna focus the next few yearbook experiences on awesome examples of pioneers who have had to overcome big obstacles and limitations, and others who are inspirational to me (including both my grandmas and great-grandma -I'm gonna post some of their life story experiences and old photos I have of them) Plus I'm gonna look for experiences related to brothers & sisters in the tropics who've dealt with natural disasters in their area. -I thought that would be helpful with hurricane season being here for people in other states, and with Monsoon season right around the corner for us here in AZ...I can already feel the humidity in the air!