Monday, May 4, 2009

daily text 05/04

Monday, May 4th, 2009
"In that day," is the utterance of Jehovah, "I shall strike every horse with bewilderment and its rider with madness; and upon the house of Judah I shall open my eyes" (Zechariah 12:4)

Jehovah makes the promise that he will figuratively blind and throw into "bewilderment" those who fight against his courageous Kingdom messengers. He has kept his word. For example, in one land where true worship was under ban, opposers were unable to keep spiritual food out of the hands of God's people. A newspaper even claimed that Jehovah's Witnesses were using balloons to get Bible literature into the country! God's promise to his loyal servants proved true: "I shall open my eyes, and every horse of the peoples I shall strike with loss of sight." Blind with fury, enemies of the Kingdom do not know which direction to take. Yet, we are convinced that Jehovah will preserve his people as a group and look out for their welfare. -2Kings 6:15-19
(Watchtower issue: 12/15/07, 3:11)